Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day Fifteen!

Day 15 of the wellness challenge at school. All I can think about is food. At least 5-6 inches of snow have been on the ground now for over three weeks. Food is the only comforting thing I can think of. When it's cold outside hot creamy soups and cornbread and fried potatoes and....and.... sound so good. But I am trying to be a good girl, not, I just want to win the Wii fit! A few Sunday afternoons ago, M1 and M3 walked over for a visit. M3 and I were in the kitchen fixing a late lunch for Da-Da and I. We were just visiting, she's three years old, and she said, "Ohhh, I have had this headache since April." and made this really sad face. I wanted to laugh but I didn't want her to think I wasn't concerned. That is my feeling exactly about this diet thing! Have I been on this thing since April?? Friday I went into town and bought several cute T-shirts. They are a little snug so the diet continues!

Why is it when you are on a diet you come across some of the best recipes? We had a pot-luck lunch to celebrate a birthday at school several weeks ago. This salsa was brought and it is so good!! Thank you Mindy for bringing it and thank you Pam for getting me the recipe. I am planning on making it this coming week-end and limiting myself to 3 or 4 cups, because I am on a diet you know!!


(click to enlarge)


No comments: