Monday, March 1, 2010

"The" Salad

Many years ago a cousin of Da-Da's gave me a recipe for a salad. The top of the recipe read Salad. I thought it reminded me of a Ceaser salad. It called for a seasoning that I had only used when stewing a chicken--Beau Monde. I never cook a chicken without using it. It was hard to find for a while so I keep several jars in my freezer. It just gives the chicken and the broth such a good flavor, not that just cooked in water taste!

Back to "The" salad, when my girls started cooking in their homes, they served this salad or took it to a dinner and people started raving about it. I knew it was good but didn't realize how much people loved it. Now we refer to it as "The" salad and we know what we or others are referring to. I have never seen another recipe for this salad. The only problem with this great salad is that it does not hold over very well. So once you toss it, eat it all!! One friend makes up the dressing and keeps it in her frig and uses it for her everyday dressing. Hope you enjoy this salad as much as our family and friends have enjoyed it.

(click to enlarge)


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hello Kathie, I am a misplaced Texan who visited your blog today and decided to follow. Your salad recipe is really interesting and I enjoyed your other posts as well. I hope you will come over and visit me as well. I try and keep up with what's going on in the homeland:)
Debbie