Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The holidays are officially over, we are back at school. I can't really think of a thing I accomplished during my 2-week break, but I needed the rest. Santa brought us a dose of the "tummy bug" and it went through the majority of the family. Please Lord, let us be skipped over for the next couple of years!!

I didn't make any new year's resolutions--I never keep them. Maybe I will do better this year just doing the things I know I should and not by resolving to do better.

I wanted to add a recipe to my blog. What an ordeal. Which one to add?? Well, I settled on one that is a tradition at our house during the holidays, and sometimes during the year also. It is an "Apricot Preserve" cake. It is so good. You will find the recipe in the post below. I can't remember when I started making them, but I know it has been at least 30 years. It replaces the dreaded "fruit cake" that often comes to visit during the holidays. I hate that plastic fruit in fruit cakes!! This cake stays moist and is even great for breakfast. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: