Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tired? How can I be tired?


I am so tired of these winter doldrums. I think this is a science word I used when my class talked about the equator, but I am sure it applies to me now. I am tired of not wearing flip-flops. I am tired of my winter wardrobe, or lack of one, which ever! I am tired of brown grass and flower beds. I think I have the beginnings of "Spring Fever". The local TV stations are predicting snow for Thursday- one says 6 - 12 inches, another predicts at least 5 inches. I would rather just have a slow rain so the ground can get the moisture and I can think it is spring and not winter. I seem to get "fluffier" in the winter and my heels are such a sad sight. God's word says "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1. So, I am standing on that promise and I will accept that it is winter and I will look forward to spring. Thank you Lord that you are with me each and every day, even when I want to speed up your natural cycle of life.

With that being said, I need to think of a good recipe to serve during the snowy weather. We have had stew and chili this winter, so how about "Santa Fe Stew" for something new? I really like this recipe. I have taken it to church potluck several times and the pot always returns empty, so I guess others like it as well.



(click to enlarge)

3 comments:

Amy Kirkland said...

Yummy, one of my favorites. Sounds so good!!!

Joyce said...

Santa Fe Stew sounds like a good recipe and since you say that you dod not have leftovers when you bring it to share with friends I will copy your recipe. I laughed when you said FLUFFIER because I am very fluffy since I have been sitting in and not walking much:) They are predicting snow here in Atlanta on Friday but lucky for me I am flying out to warmer weather that day if they do not close the airport!
Joyce

Katy Montgomery said...

I agree with you! I think after Christmas, we should immediately go to spring. I noticed the other day that some of my hollyhocks were coming up already. Well, they're surely dead now. I wonder if they will sprout back out and what made them come up this early? I planted a TON of seeds of various flowers. My flower bed should be plum full of blooms this year. That is, if they survive. I didn't put an extra layer of mulch on them or anything for the winter and I certainly have not been watering them. To make it around my house, they have to be tough!