Saturday, January 30, 2010

Predict it...It Will Come!

Well, sometimes it will come. This was one of those times. 13+ inches of snow with wind ='s drifts 4 to 6 feet tall.



Not only were we house bound, but Ivey our Basset Hound was amazed. What do you do when you have 4" legs and the snow is 13+"?



Needless to say she got a bath and spent two days in the house with us. By Saturday, we were all ready for a break. She got to go investigate the backyard and Da-Da and I headed for town. It is pretty bad when looking for your husband some insulated boots and buying groceries sounds like the trip of a life time! I have thought about retirement, but when you get cabin fever after two days at home, I think I will reconsider.


Since I am starting my diet on Monday.......I made a chocolate sheet cake while snowed in and really enjoyed it. If you have the Pioneer Woman's Cookbook, try the Chocolate Sheet Cake. It is great, just what I needed to get my fix of chocolate before the torture begins. Our school is starting the annual "Wellness Drive" on Monday, so dieting and treadmill here I come! Chocolate sheet cake will just be a loving memory, along with the snow days.


Hope you all have had a great January cause February is right around the corner. Dieting at Valentine's, what a disappointment. God Bless you all and stay warm if you have snow and ice!

1 comment:

Katy Montgomery said...

I thought about taking a poll to see if people would like me to post things I learn about photography as I go. I learn from the basics up, so I feel like I would make a good teacher. I would love to help you. Maybe we could help each other. I am a terrible cook and would love to cultivate what little skills I have there. We have cabin fever too!!!