Sunday, January 31, 2010

I love Recipes!

I love cookbooks and recipes. I collect cookbooks and recipes from many different sources. But there comes a time when you have to organize them. That time has arrived. It is driving me crazy when I make a recipe and we really like it, but I can't find it the next time I want to make it. So I decided to organize all the clippings and print-outs and such. OK, but how would be the best way? I have been thinking about this for a week or two and finally decided on a notebook method. I have a software program for recipes, but I can never find the time to type them all up. So the notebook method will work best for now. When we built the house, I had a 3 foot, floor to ceiling bookcase built in the pantry for all my cookbooks. I was thinking it would be more than enough room.....wrong. That area is full and is spilling over onto the pantry shelves. So here goes the first step to organize my recipes.


I purchased a brown notebook, some tabs, some scrapbook paper, and some sheet protectors. This afternoon, I started to work.



The steps I followed:
1. On one side of a scrapbook sheet of paper, I taped a strip on the front and back. These sheets are going to be my dividers for different categories. I taped the edge so they would not pull out easy once the holes are punched.
2. I trimmed the sheets to fit in the notebook.
3. I placed the tabs on these scrapbook sheets and inserted the desired categories....salads,
beef, poultry, etc.
4. Once the divider pages were in the notebook, I started going through the piles of recipes
placing them in the protective sheets and in the correct categories.
I think this is really going to work. I was so surprised by some of the recipes I found. Some were when we first got married and that was nearly 40 years ago. Maybe there is something to this organization stuff!!



Wouldn't you know I would start my recipe organization project the day "BEFORE" I start my diet and exercise challenge. What if I find a wonderful recipe I have been dieing to try? Why do I do these things to myself? I think I must subconsciously sabatoge myself. I promise myself I will be strong this time, it is only for 6 weeks, I can do it!! Please pray for me, I will need it!!! Have a great evening and be strong for yourself in any decisions you need to make.


2 comments:

Amy Kirkland said...

Wow, that notebook looks awesome. However, with all your recipes...it make take more than one notebook. HA!!

No one said during the wellness challenge you couldn't eat well, just don't over do it. You can still have a treat!!!

Stephanie said...

I love recipes too!!! Love your notebook.